Building Capacity is the first stage of the LoTi School Improvement Model. Stage I: Building Capacity focuses on building the critical pedagogical capacity addressing H.E.A.T., student academic progress, and the existing digital assets to promote the change process aligned with 21st Century Skills and Teach 2.0 methodologies. Creating Digital-Age instructional capacity through online and blended courses, on-site interventions, and peer mentoring opportunities provides a solid foundation for each LoTi Digital Age School.
Stage I: Building Capacity, introduces the Digital Age Best Practices and addresses the pivotal roles of key stakeholders through:
- Targeted S.M.A.R.T. goals for student academic targets
- Flexible onsite/online professional development for staff and administrators
- Strategic benchmarking, in-class modeling, and peer mentoring
Implementing Change is the second stage of the LoTi School Improvement Model. Stage II: Implementing Change focuses on full-scale implementation of the H.E.A.T. strategies and Teach 2.0 methodologies piloted during Stage I with special emphasis on differentiated instruction and collaborative learning environments. Implementing change requires commitment from all key stakeholders to the campus goals and objectives defined in the Next Steps Action Plan.
Stage II: Implementing Change, embraces full-scale implementation of the Digital Age Best Practices with emphasis on:
- Differentiated instruction and collaborative learning environments
- Student engagement in the learning process
- Structured H.E.A.T. (Higher order thinking, Engaged learning, Authentic connections, Technology use) classroom walkthroughs